Last updated: July 16, 2019
HydroShare, a service that connects renters with watercraft owners, is committed to protecting your privacy.
Information We Collect
HydroShare receives or collects information when we operate and provide our Services, including when you access and use our Services. We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
Information Provided by Users
- Account Registration Information. To create an account, you provide data including your name, email address, location, phone number and password. You may also add other information to your account, such as information about your watercraft experience and/or a brief bio about yourself.
- Identity Verification. When you register with us, an email will be sent to you to confirm your email is correct.
- Rental. When you rent or charter a watercraft, we may ask for, and store, your credit card number or billing information. We may also collect additional information from you such as your driving and criminal conviction history, loss history, and other information to facilitate our underwriting process. We may also require that you grant us permission to check your driver’s record in order to confirm you meet HydroShare’s eligibility standards. You authorize us to access your driver’s record from state DMVs, RMVs, and other applicable entities and you authorize those entities to release this information to HydroShare.
- Communication. To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open email from us if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, sometimes in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to you. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please adjust your preferences in your HydroShare Account.
- In-Boat Hardware. If a GPS tracking device is installed in a watercraft, and you activate that device, information may be tracked about your use of the watercraft, including time of use, location, speed of travel, and more. Although HydroShare does not collect or monitor such GPS tracking information, those owners may be able to see the location of the watercraft during the rental or charter period, and your location information may be released to insurance companies, law enforcement, or similar parties when investigating claims, providing you with help, or when required by law or legal process.
- Listing Information. You have choices about the information in your profile and listing, such as the city, a description of the boat, harbor where the boat is located. It is your decision whether to post sensitive information. Please do not post or add personal data to your profile that you would not want to be publicly available. If you own a watercraft that is listed with HydroShare, we may require that you provide evidence of an inspection, survey of the watercraft, or, in addition, a boat history report. Listing a watercraft with us provides us authorization to obtain history about your boat and inspection records from other parties (e.g., mechanics, inspection companies), as well as consent for those parties to release records to us.
- Customer Support. You may provide us with information related to your use of our Services, including copies of your messages, and how to contact you so we can provide you customer support. For example, you may send us an email with information relating to a rental transaction.
Automatically Collected Information
- Usage and Log Information. We collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes information about your activity (such as how you use our Services, how you interact with others using our Services, and the like), log files, and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
- Transactional Information. If you pay for items available via our Services, we may receive information and confirmations, such as payment receipts, including from other third parties processing your payment.
- Device and Connection Information. We collect device-specific information when you access or use our Services. This includes information such as hardware model, operating system information, browser information, IP address, mobile network information including phone number, and device identifiers.
- Messages. HydroShare collects and stores information about you when you send, receive, or engage with other Members through the HydroShare system. If the functionality exists for you to select to add one or more email addresses to an online form, the message you create in the corresponding template will be sent from us to those email addresses on your behalf.
- Information Others Provide About You. HydroShare may receive information other people provide us, which may include information about you.
- Third-Party Providers. HydroShare works with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. For example, we work with companies to distribute our apps, provide our infrastructure, supply map and places information, process payments, help us understand how people use our Services, and market our Services. These providers may provide us information about you in certain circumstances; for example, app stores may provide us reports to help us diagnose and fix service issues.
- Third-Party Services. HydroShare allows you to use our Services in connection with third-party services. For example, you can register to join by logging into online accounts you may have with third parties, such as Facebook (“Third-Party Accounts”). As part of the Services, you may link your HydroShare Account with Third Party Accounts, and if you decide to register by logging into a Third Party Account via our Services, we will obtain information you have provided to the Third Party Account (such as name, email, profile picture, or names of your friends). You understand that by granting us access to the Third Party Account, you are authorizing us to make available and store the information in your Third Party Account, as well as authorizing us to share information with the Third Party Account on your behalf. Please note that when you use third-party services, their own terms and privacy policies will govern your use of those services.
HydroShare will rely on legal grounds to process your personal information to the extent permitted by applicable law, which may include, without limitation: to honor contractual commitments, to take steps in anticipation of entering into contract, to fulfill legal obligations, your consent, and HydroShare’s legitimate interests.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we have to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
- Our Services. We use your information to help us operate and provide our Services, including providing customer support, and improving, fixing, and customizing our Services. HydroShare may use the information collected to evaluate and improve our Services, research, develop, and test new services and features, and conduct troubleshooting activities.
- Communications About Our Services. We communicate with you about our Services and features; to notify you of major updates, for customer service purposes, or to contact you regarding a Listing.
- Promotional Messages. We may periodically send promotional materials or notifications related to the Services. If you want to stop receiving promotional materials you can follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any communication or update your HydroShare account settings.
- Account Verification and Security. We use your information to authenticate you, authorize access to our Services, and promote safety and security on and off our Services.
When We Share Your Personal Information
We share your personal information with third parties as follows:
- Third-party Service Providers. HydroShare works with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services; fulfill orders; and complete transactions. When we share personal information with third-party providers, we require them to use your personal information in accordance with our instructions and terms, and require them to use reasonable confidentiality measures.
- Affiliates. We may make information available to our affiliates (meaning entities controlled by, controlling, or under common control with HydroShare, LLC).
- Listings. When you request to make a rental or charter via the Services, we will share the following information about you with the Owner: (i) your first and last name, and (ii) a link to your HydroShare profile page where the owner can view your boating history, reviews, and description/links. All of this information will enable the Owner to decide whether to confirm or reject your booking. When an Owner confirms a booking we will share the Owner’s identity, including, but not limited to, full name, phone number, the Watercraft’s address and the Owner’s email address, with the applicable Renter selected by the Owner and we will share pieces of the Renter’s identity with the Owner, including, but not limited to, full name, phone number and email address, so that the Renter and Owner may contact one another directly. Billing Information is not shared as part of that transaction.
- Compliance with Laws. We will disclose any personal information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of HydroShare or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
- Enforcement. We will disclose any personal information about you to government or law enforcement officials and to our insurance services providers as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary, or to protect the property and rights of HydroShare or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
You Control Your Information and Communications Settings
- Communication Settings. You can change your account information and preferences at any time by logging into your HydroShare Account and updating your communication preferences in the Notifications section within Settings. .
- Your Choice. You may decline to share certain information with HydroShare, in which case HydroShare may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Services.
- Request a Review. You have the right to request and review information that HydroShare holds about you, and the right to request changes to correct inaccuracies. When practical and possible, HydroShare will process any requested changes.
Data Subject Rights and Your Choices
You may decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Services. If you have created a HydroShare account you may be able to update your profile information and preferences. For other requests to review, update, delete, or otherwise limit HydroShare’s use of information that you have provided directly to us, you may send this request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please include your email address, name, address, and telephone number and specify all relevant background. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Closing Your Account
If you choose to close your account, contact us at email@example.com. We will attempt to accommodate your request within 30 days of receipt of your communication. Your information will generally stop being visible to others on our Services within 24-hours of receipt of your request. Even after you have closed your account, we may retain your personal information if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our User Agreement, or fulfill your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us. We will retain de-personalized information after your account has been closed.
Please note that, if you close your HydroShare Account, any reviews you have posted via the Services will remain publicly viewable.
Retention of Your Information
HydroShare may sell, transfer, or otherwise share some, or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy.
Although HydroShare does not currently allow advertising on HydroShare.com, we may serve you interest-based ads both on and off of our Services in the future. This may include targeting ads to Members and others both on and off of our Services through a variety of ad networks and exchanges, using the following data, whether separately or combined:
- Data from advertising technologies on and off of our Services, like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and device identifiers;
- The information you provided to us (e.g., contact information, address);
- Information from your use of our Services (e.g., search history, listings you click-on, etc.)
- Information from others (e.g., advertising partners, publishers and data aggregators).
If HydroShare allows advertising in the future, you may generally opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising at that time. However, please note that this does not opt you out of receiving advertising - you will continue to be presented generic ads or ads by advertisers not listed with certain self-regulatory tools. To do so, we suggest you visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page, the Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out page, or the Your Online Choices page to read more about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that are engaged in interest-based advertising practices.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Although HydroShare is committed to providing you with choices about the information collected on our website for third-party purposes, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals.
HydroShare uses a variety of managerial, technical, and physical measures to protect the integrity and security of your information. These measures may vary based on the sensitivity of your information. However, no security precautions or systems can be completely secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to HydroShare, and you do so at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SERVICES AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. For that reason, HydroShare does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18. When we discover that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us info@HydroShare.com.
California Privacy Rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for the response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at info@HydroShare.com. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.